Where are your products made?All Alfie & Audrey products are handcrafted in Adelaide, South Australia. Alfie & Audrey is a family owned business who employs local tradespeople to design & carry out our signature upholstery & timber restorations.
What kind of recycled materials do you use?
As a business, we are constantly improving internal processes to ensure Alfie & Audrey can maintain a sustainable business model and end product.
- All our frames are original mid-century pieces that have been completely restored into near-new condition.
- Our fabrics where possible are sourced from products made in Australia. However we do source fabrics from across the globe.
- Where possible our timber restorations incorporate original mid-century timbers to replace any damage elements to the original frame.
- We use Designer commercial grade or heavy duty upholstery fabrics & Leathers.
- Where possible we keep with traditional elements of the era in which a piece was original designed, when we reinvent the pieces.
Who designs the products?All designs are created by Alfie & Audrey. Our product designs might be inspired by fashion & current interior trends, although most of our ideas have been enthused by our overseas travels and characteristics & memories of people that have inspired us.
Where are your products sold?
Alfie & Audrey products can be bought online directly from our website, www.alfieandaudrey.com.au. Alfie & Audrey also stocks in a variety of shops around Australia. Stockists tend to be home ware / gift stores, galleries, eco friendly / handmade focused shops.
We actively participate in curated designer markets around Australia, such as Bowerbird Bazaar & Adelaide Fringe events.
How do I care for my furniture?
All of our furniture pieces have been thoughtfully restored to respect the classic nature of mid-century design. Alfie & Audrey can offer on application advice on how to care & clean all of our upholstery fabrics & leathers.